Sunday, January 29, 2006

Heart's Sake

This picture was taken during my 36th birth anniversary (January 7, 2004), my 5th and the last school year of working at LMO. Since then, I have taken a new post in SMS – TheoPhilo Area as Chair.

Last 2nd term (September-January) of school year 2005-2006 was my service leave. It was a term of decision: YES WORKOUT, NO SMOKING for my heart’s sake. I have not smoked since then. Last January 7, 2006 I celebrated my 38th birth anniversary with optimism to the coming days, weeks, months and years ahead.


With a new heart, I pray that I may love the Lord and His people more and more. My desire is that the Lord will make my heart be like His. I ask the Lord not only to take away the toxins my heart has due to smoking since 1985 (for 20 long years), I also ask Him to take away my sins, to forgive me for His passion, death and resurrection sake… for my heart’s sake.

On this very day Bro. Andrew Gonzalez, FSC joined the Lord. May Bro. Andrew's heart be like Him. AMEN.

Bro. Andrew was DLSU President from 1976 to 1991 and 1994 to 1998. He was the Department of Education, Culture and Sports Secretary from 1998 to 2001. He served as a De La Salle Brother for a total of 50 years. A man of vision and action, Bro. Andrew is an institution builder, linguist, and academician. He is a disciple and citizen who brought God's message to countless individuals through his work.

No comments: