Monday, January 30, 2006

Give Back

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. ~Aristotle


Well, last Saturday (January 2006), "At last Toni..." Bro. Armin said to me as I received my medal. It's all worth it. The first time I got my medal was from Bro. Rolly (October 2000). It's all worth it too.


They are the recognition of my academic achievements as a student during my bitter course of study in the University. The fruit is sweet, but there is no sweeter than sharing the fruits of my work with my family, my school, my country and my God... through my day to day selfless giving of myself. Those days are always humbling experiences on how much I have given back than what I have received.


You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

1 comment:

Witay said...

You're absolutely right, Bro. The MaLT experience was sometimes bitter. But please know you were among those who made it "sweet" and worth remembering for a lot of us. God bless...